Friday, December 11, 2020

Roasted peppers on an electric fire


Too many peppers took on a jaunty festive air on the windowsill. Spontaneous holiday mode. And then we ate them. Fogeddabout Peter Pepper’s pecker of pickled peepers. We roasted them and then tossed them in the soup, beautiful soup. Since I don’t have access to a gas stove, I roasted them on the burners of the electric stove (not an easy task). I flayed the peppers, and draped them right on top of the coils of the electric burner with a frying pan on top to weight them down until the skin burns, then I tossed them in a  covered bowl to sweat, and slipped off the burnt skin with water. A lot of messy work, but superior flavor. Once you’ve had them them there’s no going back. The flavor, my God, the flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment